Wed, Dec 6th, 2017 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
- Paid Registrants Receive: Detailed outlines, templates, and documentation for use with their own grants. Access to the recorded session for 30 days post event. Certificates of Attendance for paid attendees
- Length: 2 Hours
- Workshop Fee: $100
- Registration Process: Once you register for this workshop, you can either provide payment information or will be sent an invoice. You will receive login instructions upon receipt of payment.
- Refunds: Full refunds will be granted up to one week before the workshop. We will NOT be able to grant ANY refunds after that.
- How to Get Started Eligibility & Forming your Response Team
- Timelines & Forming a Response Plan
- Solicitation Rules: Font Sizes, Pagination, Page Limit, Spacing, Margins, and Budgets
- How to Write a Response
- Common Sections
- Quality Writing and Citations
- Good v/s Not-So-Good Statements
- Sustainability Plans
- Budget Appendices
- Quality Assurance
- Understanding the Peer Review Process
- Who are Peer Reviewers
- Quality of Proposals Received
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Federal Grants
- State Grants
- Other Potential Funding Sources
Karen Ziegler has nearly 30 years of experience in criminal justice program administration; budget and finance; and full life cycle grant management. Recently retired as Deputy Director and Chief Financial Officer of the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission, the State Administering Agency (SAA) for US Department of Justice and state criminal justice grants, Ms. Ziegler was responsible for the acquisition; sub award; management; and reporting of over $50 million in federal, state and non-profit grants. In addition to financial management, Ms. Ziegler managed the Arizona Project Safe Neighborhoods Grant Program – a federal gun and gang violence prevention program, where she was responsible for the state’s strategic approach to reducing gun and gang violence in Arizona. Ms. Ziegler has a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Arizona State University and is also a Certified Grant Writer.
Currently, Ms. Ziegler is providing consulting services to the State of Arizona as project manager for the Arizona Public Safety Broadband Network (AZ FirstNet) and as a Funding Consultant for Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology.