How does your organization ensure they are hiring the right people, with the correct mix of technical and soft skills, who are well suited to the demands of the job, and who will embrace the mission and values of the agency?
Competency-based human resourcing is a core infrastructure which will help your agency to target and attract the most desired candidates, provide consistent training and performance evaluations and provide predictable career paths to keep the most qualified staff in-house. It can also be tailored to drive evidence-based outcome measures.
In this presentation, Mark will provide:
- a description of the building blocks and high-level processes to adopt this methodology to specific needs of your agency.
- discussions how competencies are involved in each step of the HR process,
- how to determine competencies based on job titles,
- use of behavioral based interviews,
- embedding competencies into performance evaluations and merit awards,
- and how the adoption of these tools will improve moral for managers, supervisors, and staff.