Decision Making in the law enforcement training is often a “do what I tell you to do” process. Little consideration goes into teaching someone how to think. Even less time is spent on deconstructing the decision-making process through a critical thinking evaluation.
Additionally, there are times when an officer attempts to mitigate a problem and decide to act because they are there but may lack the legal authority to act.
Attendees of this thoughtful webinar will be introduced to:
- The legal and ethical decision-making process,
- Understanding bias in the decision-making process,
- The universal question for lawful and ethical policing,
- Why urgency to act determines the strategy an officer implements, and
- How the 4th Amendment concepts of seizure, reasonableness and the acceptable level of governmental intrusion matrix assist in the decision-making process.