With information on over 4,900 serial killers and their victims, the Radford/FGCU Serial Killer Database is the largest database of its kind. This webinar will use information from the database to separate fact from fiction regarding serial killer statistics. The webinar will begin by defining serial murder, then discuss the difficulty in gathering serial killer information, and conclude with many interesting facts about the frequency of serial murder, serial killer demographics and background, methods of serial murder, and victim demographics. This webinar will not only update the statistics presented in a similar 2014 Justice Clearinghouse webinar, but will provide lots of new information as well.
- Understand the controversy behind defining serial murder
- Learn about the difficulty in getting accurate serial killer information
- Learn about temporal and demographic trends in serial murder
- Understand why there is not a “typical” serial killer
- Learn enough serial killer trivia to irritate your coworkers and friends