Since Congress amended the ADA effective in 2008 employers have found implementation and compliance with ADA requirements to be a serious challenge. We are going to discuss:
- Who is protected by the ADA and the definition of qualified disabled person
- What are essential job functions
- What is reasonable accommodation-
- Implementation of the ADA interactive process
- The intersection of ADA and other federal and state statutes
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.