No one becomes an officer wanting to use excessive force to detain or apprehend people.
But in the course of doing their jobs, officers often have to make split-second decisions — decisions that will protect the public, to prevent a suspect from evading justice or even to protect themselves.
Decisions that are sometimes replayed and evaluated long after the initial incident has taken place.
Join us May 4th, with webinar presenter, Jeff Fox, to review considerations on use of force options in performing law enforcement functions.
We will also discuss:
- Extralegal consideration in appropriate selection of use of force.
- Ways to help protect officers while engaged in patrol duties.
- Define deadly force and identifying circumstances where use of deadly force is justified.
- Define non-deadly force and identify circumstances where use of non-deadly force is justified.
- and officer deadly and non-deadly use of force options.