It is common for public safety professionals, including lieutenants, captains and commanders, with little or no technical background to be assigned to lead their agency's technology division. Suddenly, and oftentimes without much warning, they are dropped into an 'alien' environment where they are asked to make critical decisions working with personalities and technologies they are unfamiliar with. From this position over the agency Information Technology, these agency leaders must address infrastructure, support, information security, and software issues.
During this sponsored webinar, Mike Lyons from Athena Advanced Network, and Theresa Murray of the Sacramento’s Regional Fire/EMS, will discuss some of the 'lessons learned’ for non-technical managers leading and managing IT organizations/staff including:
- What is the challenge and why it matters
- How to lead an IT department with no IT background
- Unique challenges the non-IT native leader
- Building support from your tech team
- Overcoming the steep learning curve
- What is included in Public Safety
- How to assure system availability
- How to prevent issues from developing in the first place
- How to detect and deter problems early
- The need to respond quickly when there are problems or threats
- Knowing when to ask for help.
- The value of monitoring – what it can tell you
- Managing the evolution of technology in Public Safety
- Bringing it all together to make a high-performance team
This webinar is sponsored by Athena Advanced Networks. Athena Advanced Networks provides technology services for public safety agencies, supporting their mission critical IT infrastructure. Our services range from planning and design through technical project management, installation and deployment to ongoing support and monitoring of operational systems. Athena combines years of public safety service with our core value of responsiveness, making our team a committed partner, supporting your mission. By registering for this event you hereby authorize the Justice Clearinghouse to share your registration information with this organization.