The firearms debate and issues of public safety firearms regulation and the Second Amendment are going to continue in the public policy spotlight. In this course, we are going to discuss who is prohibited under federal law from possession of firearms under current law so those involved in its enforcement and policymakers have a better understanding what current law does or does not do. Topics include:
- Who is banned from possession of firearms under federal law
- Domestic violence and firearms laws
- The impact of state laws on federal firearms possession
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.
- “I thought the speaker was very good and had interesting content. I also found that the questions and responses at the end were excellent and helpful. Thanks for the great class!” –Britney
- “The presenter explained the laws very clearly and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject.” –Vicky
- “Excellent presentation and delivery.” –Jeff