aAnimals are an important part of many people’s families bringing added challenges to an already crisis filled disaster event. During this webinar, we will highlight legal considerations for addressing animal issues in disaster response, including the integration of animal rescue and response teams into the Incident Command System during the response. Additional topics will be considerations when planning for evacuation and shelter prior to an event and rescue and sheltering during an event. Animal issues are people issues and preparation and planning to include how you organize and respond to a disaster can make all the difference in keeping families together.
- The Pets Act requirements for animals in disaster plans.
- The Incident Command Structure and how to integrate animal care organizations.
- Legal considerations for animal response from field rescue to sheltering.
- Jurisdictional authority for animal rescue and response.
- FEMA Resource Typing Library Tool
- National Alliance of State Animal and Agricultural Emergency Program
- FEMA & Emergency Management Institute
- The National Animal Rescue and Sheltering Coalition
- “The importance of having the official invite. Too often people are self-deploying to situations without certification or knowledge of Incident Command.” — Brenda
- “Great Webinar.” — Carrie
- “Diane always does a great job.” —Dick
- “Wow, all of the planning and consideration that emergency responders deal with for animal issues during a natural disaster.” — Judith
- “Nice overview of a very BIG topic.” –Ann