With the constant innovation in technology and its risks which we have to face daily, public services cannot settle on subpar standards and solutions. Given the urgent nature of law enforcement and emergency response, they need to be up to date and connected when needed, especially in mission-critical situations. Mobility becomes the name of the game and connected vehicles that serve as a hub allowing police officers and emergency responders to do their duties become a need.
Joining Justice Clearinghouse to discuss a solution to accomplish the requirements of law enforcement officers and first responders are Estee Woods and Michael Fletcher from Cradlepoint Network Solutions. Estee is the Director of Public Sector and Public Safety Marketing, while Michael is the Business Development Manager with a background in emergency response having served as a volunteer firefighter, EMT and Deputy Sheriff.
Together, Michael and Estee, walks the course attendees through the wireless connectivity solutions Cradlepoint offers designed specifically to mission critical situations in first response and public safety. Some of the points they tackled are:
- An overview of Cradlepoint, the expanse of their services and their clientele.
- Understanding the digital transformation happening in the field of public safety, the importance of connectivity, and how it affects the equipment and devices procured.
- The value of In-Vehicle Network Connectivity.
- A guide on how to get started with In-Vehicle Network Connectivity that highlights identifying the problems to address, benchmarking critical issues, and deploying pilot units.
- A case example illustrating how the Boise Police Department went through the process of identifying their agency’s issues, the solution they went with, and the added benefits.
- A comparative look at the existing technology utilized by some agencies and the devices and solutions Cradlepoint offers that provides guaranteed connectivity, security, and reliability.
- How the Nevada Highway Patrol was able to maximize their public service by ensuring no network dead zones through built-in redundancy that addresses lack of coverage in the vast landscape they operate on.
- The network security measures provided by Cradlepoint in managing networking risks.
- Cradlepoint’s Cloud Management solutions that provide seamless deployment, updates, monitoring, and management.
- Participant questions during the Q&A portion were on:
- Cradlepoint’s compatibility to other technologies and applications.
- The benefits of having two active SIM cards.
- Grand funding through the First Connect program.
- Cradlepoint’s adaptability to different and evolving network technologies.
- Cradlepoint’s compliance for use with first net.
- The seamlessness of switching from one type of connectivity to another.
- Data compression prior transmission.
- Security considerations for a fleet solution.
- What CJIS conformant means.
Resources Mentioned During Webinar:
- Grant Assistance Program Overview
- CJIS Security Policy Compliance
- First Responder Customer Success with LTE Networking Solutions
- Trends in Connected Technologies for First Responders
- Nevada Highway Patrol Leverages Cloud-Managed 4G LTE to Keep Tech Tools & CAD System Connected
- The Boise Police Department Builds a Better Network for Less
- Cradlepoint Infographic
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.
Cradlepoint is the global leader in cloud-delivered wireless edge solutions for branch, mobile and IoT networks. Cradlepoint’s Elastic Edge™ vision—powered by NetCloud services—provides a blueprint for agile, pervasive and software-driven wireless WANs that leverage 4G and 5G services to connect people, places and things everywhere with reliability, security, and control. More than 25,000 enterprise and government organizations around the world, including 75 percent of the world’s top retailers, 50 percent of the Fortune 100, and first responders in 10 of the largest U.S. cities, rely on Cradlepoint to keep critical branches, points of commerce, field forces, vehicles, and IoT devices always connected and protected. Major service providers use Cradlepoint wireless solutions as the foundation for innovative managed network services. Founded in 2006, Cradlepoint is a privately held company headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with a development center in Silicon Valley and international offices in the UK and Australia.