Religious ministries have the potential to help jail staff, incarcerated people, and family members. Too often, unfortunately, there is unintended friction between jail staff and religious volunteers. This friction can interfere with the success of jail ministries. By discussing key issues before the religious ministry begins, jail staff can decrease potential problems and increase benefits.
During this webinar, we will discuss:
- The nature and extent of jail religious ministries.
- Potential conflicts between jail staff and those working in religious ministries.
- Specific jail ministry issues.
- “Honest, practical suggestions from people who know what they are doing. Time well spent!” — Art
- “I truly enjoyed this webinar! Learned a lot about different ways to minister in jails and prisons!” — Deborah
- “Good information and ideas of what is working in other facilities.” — Lisa
- “The concept of out of the box thinking for Ministry groups (e.g., in this webinar, the idea of supplying inmate needs by reducing costs to jails).” — Anthony