The National Institute of Justice’s LEADS Scholar Program is taking applications for its next cohort of scholars. Applications are due May 31, 2019.
The program, founded in 2014 in partnership with the IACP, provides grant funding to a select group of mid-career, research-minded, sworn law enforcement officers to learn and apply the foundational elements of research in order to further the law enforcement profession through science.
The three-year grant covers associated travel and per diem costs for select required educational sessions hosted by the NIJ, as well as the IACP conference.
Check out some of the past/upcoming webinars LEADS Scholars have shared with the JCH Community:
- July 11: Police-Led Field Experiments
- August 1: Reducing Traffic Fatalities in Urban & Rural Areas
- Recorded: Implementing Evidence-Based Policing
- Recorded: LEADS Scholars & Agencies: NIJ Initiatives to Advance Evidence-Based Policing
- Recorded: Evidence-Based Policing: A Practical Approach
Click here for more information, or to begin the process.