This one-hour webinar will provide best practices for working with male survivors of sexual violence. We will discuss the dynamics of male sexual assault victimization and the impact of stereotypes and masculinity expectations on male survivors. This training will examine the traumatic effects of sexual assault, unique barriers to reporting for men, and recommendations to facilitate a male-centered healing process.
Resources Mentioned During Webinar:
- “I learned many valuable things from this webinar: how toxic masculinity can develop, how toxic masculinity can be prevented or combated, how male survivors of sexual assault can be supported, how an agency can signal support for male survivors. This presentation offered great educational info that I can share with male survivors. Thank you!” — Amy
- “Great educational information on a topic which there is little information on and a topic which society does not want to talk about. Excellent presentation! Kudos to Jamal and to ACESDV!” — Denise
- “This was a fantastic presentation with a lot of valuable information. I found that understanding the dynamics of male sexual assault was incredibly helpful and meaningful. As an advocate, I will carry this information with me when working with male victims and survivors.” — Kamaile
- “Jamal did an excellent job with this presentation. It was very informative and as he stated only scratches the surface of the topic.” — Lynda
- “I am working with more and more male victims and just need information on how to work with them as they are more likely to not want to prosecute.” — Denise
- “I thought the speaker was really good. I am already familiar with male victimization and work with male survivors so there wasn’t any new information that I learned; however, I am sure others newer to the field or those that hadn’t worked with male victims learned a lot.” –Sarah