Law enforcement agencies from around the nation are facing a “triple threat” affecting the ability to hire qualified individuals to serve our communities as officers. With some agencies seeing a 60% or more drop in applications over the last five years, what must we do to recruit qualified applicants. Using practical, real examples of successful tactics, during this webinar, we will:
- Address the reasons behind the crisis
- Discuss innovative methods to attract millennial applicants
- What roadblocks are law enforcement agencies facing with applicants?
- What should we be doing now for the future?
Resources from this Webinar:
- “Speaker is an excellent resource person for the Law Enforcement hiring process. Very creative options to attract candidates. Thanks for all the ideas – we needed that!” — Roseann
- “I felt it was incredibly helpful to see the chart he created showing an applicant pool, and then all the reasons why they lose applicants and end up with the ability to make offers to so few. It was shocking. However, it’s good to know this hasn’t gone unnoticed, and that departments are stepping up to address issues and try to retain the best officers they can for the future.” — Garrett
- “Our police department hiring is governed by our Civil Service Commission and the process is very antiquated. We are actively working on getting them to understand the need for change. You validated much of the reasoning we are presenting to them. Also, I appreciated how you addressed the new issues we will be facing due to COVID-19. I found this webinar to be very timely and helpful. Thank you!” — Kelly
- “Sharing that we are all facing the same issues across the nation.” — Kelly
- “Our Agency is from Colorado. I liked hearing other ideas of how Agencies from other states are working on recruiting.” — Kelly
- “I am actually not affiliated with law enforcement but we do partner frequently and do training with them. I attended to gain ideas on how we as a partner can help LE increase recruitment. This webinar was very informative and gave our organization so many ideas as a non-profit on how we can help our local tribal LE agency. Thank you so much.” — Kim
Other Webinars in this Series Include:
- Marketing and Hiring: How to Stand Out When You’re a Small Fish in a Big Pond
- Creating a Constant Stream of Recruits: Finding Great People to Meet Your Agency’s Goals
- (This Webinar) Responding to a Recruiting Crisis: Using Innovative Tactics to Transform Your Recruiting Practices
- April 7: The Workforce Crisis and What Law Enforcement Agencies Are Doing about It.
- May 13: Recruiting and Retention of Police: Strategies for Small and Medium-Sized Agencies
- June 24: The New Generations: How to Recruit, Retain and Motivate
- July 28: Creating an Agency Culture of Excellence that Attracts the Right Recruits, Keeps the Right Team, and Promotes the Right People
- Aug 27: The Secret Sauce to Finding the Best Candidates
- Nov 3: Creating and Maintaining a Great Workforce: Recruiting and Retaining Quality Employees
- Dec 10: Recruiting the Next Generation to Your Agency