In the second of this three-part seminar series we start with a question we often use in class: Somewhere in your community today, there is someone that you believe could be capable of carrying out an attack on your workplace?
Using our question that we started with: Somewhere in your community today, there is someone that you believe could be capable of carrying out an attack on your workplace? What is it about that person that came to your mind that makes you feel that way? In this seminar, we will define the term “threat” and what it really means and offer some guidance on how to deal with a problem employee that is posing a possible risk. What are the benefits of Assessment Teams and considerations for carrying out a high-risk termination? We will also discuss physical security assessments and how they can increase security at your facility and offer guidance on why training your employees can be one of the most important components of your workplace violence plan.
Resources Mentioned During Webinar
This series includes:
- Part 1: Understanding Workplace Violence: Operationalizing Your Prevention Strategies in a Justice Environment
- Part 2: Threats & Risk Assessments of Workplace Violence for Justice Agencies (This webinar)
- Part 3: Ask Me Anything: Workplace Violence & Mass Shootings
- “[I really liked this] quote: ‘Your body cannot go where your brain hasn’t been.’ This speaker was very insightful; I would like to hear more of his webinars for sure.” — Pam
- “Best webinar I’ve seen this year. Very insightful and informative.” — Robert
- “I like how it emphasized having different (and anonymous) ways to report threats. I can see that being very helpful!” — Rachelle
- “Mark was one of the best presenters for this format I’ve participated in.” — Brian
- “Excellent, almost a bulleted step-by-step outline for a “keep me safe” workplace.” — Charles