This webinar will focus on the challenges of working a gang-related case pre-charging through conviction. Topics will include challenges with difficult witnesses and/or victims, how to utilize technology available for prosecutions, and how to defend against challenges to the gang statutes and gang sentencing enhancements.
During this presentation, we’ll discuss:
- How to use social media to enhance a gang case
- How to use cell phone data extractions for gang prosecution
- How to work with uncooperative witnesses and/or victims
- How to improve your gang case once charges are filed
This is the third of a 3-part Series on Gang-Related Crime. The other webinars in this series include:
- Oct 22: The Investigation & Prosecution of Gang-Related Crimes: An Introduction
- Jan 23: The Changing Face of Gangs and Criminal Organizations
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.