In Officer Survival for Correctional and Detention Officers, participants will be exposed to the importance of having a “survival mindset” so that you will decisively prevail in a violent encounter.
Course objectives include:
- Review Correctional Officers Killed in the Line of Duty
- Define “Dedicated Threat” and “Combat Mindset”
- Examine “Faulty Assumptions” and “Complacency”
- Review Officer Safety Practices
- Identify Specific Steps to Avoid Complacency
- Discuss “Inmate Mindset”
- Examine how to “Read the Environment”
- Response options to deal with the “Worst Case Scenario” of Violence
The overall objective of this webinar is to develop a Survival Mindset so that you decisively win and prevail when engaged in a potentially life-threatening incident against a “Dedicated Threat”.