As a law enforcement officer, you must serve and protect. But what rights do police officers, sheriff’s deputies, and other police professionals have, both for on an off-duty conduct? And what are your obligations if you are a supervisor or manager? This program will give you the essentials on free speech and association, due process in disciplinary matters, right to officer privacy, regulation of off-duty conduct, prevention of harassment and discrimination, and the right to legal representation. You will learn:
- Restrictions on free speech and the right of association on and off-duty.
- Protections against self-incrimination and right to counsel in criminal and administrative investigations.
- Conduct that can be disciplined and procedural safeguards in the disciplinary process.
- Protection of privacy on and off-duty.
- Regulation of secondary employment.
- Freedom from harassment and discrimination.