This webinar focuses on how many gangs have shifted from their traditional roots and are forming hybrid gangs. Moreover, gangs are moving away from traditional gang crimes and have transitioned to committing crimes of opportunity and profit. This webinar will provide information on how to document hybrid gangs and how to prosecute their cases and nontraditional gang crimes as gang-related cases.
During this presentation, we’ll cover:
- How to investigate and prosecute hybrid gangs
- Best practices for documenting hybrid gangs and hybrid gang members
- How to investigate non-traditional gang crimes and gang crimes
This is the second of a 3-part Series on Gang-Related Crime. The other webinars in this series include:
- Oct 22: The Investigation & Prosecution of Gang-Related Crimes: An Introduction
- March 31: Challenges and Issues in Investigating & Prosecuting Gang-Related Crimes
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is one of the largest associations of law enforcement professionals in the United States, representing more than 3,000 elected sheriffs across the nation, and a total membership of more than 20,000. NSA is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising the level of professionalism among sheriffs, their deputies, and others in the field of criminal justice and public safety. Throughout its seventy-seven year history, NSA has served as an information clearinghouse for sheriffs, deputies, chiefs of police, other law enforcement professionals, state governments and the federal government.